Summer is here, which means we’re wearing less and going out more. This calls for bottomless mimosas, brunch, brunch and MORE BRUNCH. We all know that seasonal effective disorder is real. Many of us battle with anxiety and depression and it gets real during those winter months. Now that the sun is making more appearances we can go out, enjoy the weather, show off our summer bodies, and meet new people. Here are some of my top tips for enjoying this great season:
- Stay hydrated- Drink water! Water lubricates your joints, promotes skin health and beauty, as well as regulates body temperature. Which will all come in handy because it’s hot girl season. PERIOD!
- Moisturize- Your legs, hips and thighs. The sun will be out and this is not the time to be feeling or looking like a dried prune. #MyMelaninPopsSeverely
- Do it for the gram- All year we’ve been working hard to meet goals, finish projects, graduate, and save money. Now is the time to enjoy the fruits of our labor! Go on a weekend getaway, take a day trip with your best friends, have a BBQ and flex on the gram. Create memories for yourself, you only live once. At the end of the summer print your pics and make a scrapbook.
- Family fun- Spend time with your loved ones, take your parents on a date, spend a day with your siblings, have a celebration with your chosen family and immerse yourself in love.
- Summer Fling- Don’t be afraid to let the sparks fly! The best love stories begin in the summer. Plus there’s so many fun dates to go on during this season; beach dates, picnics, water parks, go carting, water balloon fights wherever you choose. All of these things which can be done with… mimosas, duh!
- Mingle while Single- For all the single folks who aren’t looking for a summer fling, HAVE FUN!, take advantage of the single life and multi-date. Date Chris on Monday, Justin on Tuesday, and Brittany on Friday. Experience each person in a different light, you never know you might make a new friend, find a business partner, or they may change your status from single to taken.
- Rock your body- Whatever body you have this summer, is your summer body. Don’t feel pressured to make any crazy last minute changes just to fit in a swimsuit. You are beautiful without a six pack, you are amazing with all your curves, you are lovely with all that you have.
- Try a new hobby- Learn how to crochet, start reading more books, join a yoga class in your neighborhood, find your thing and do your thing.
- Love on yourself- #NationalMasturbationMonth is over but the fun doesn’t have to stop. Grab a tube of lube and get the vibezzz going.
One thought on “New Weather, New You, New Boo?”
“You are beautiful without a 6 pack!” 🙌🏾