If you follow me on social media you know that I am releasing a new blog series titled Realer Than Real. This blog series is a subsidiary of Reckless Behavior that will feature realer, uncut stories that I’ve been hesitant to share. To kick off the series, I’ve decided to share 40 confessions/facts about me. Hope you guys enjoy 🙂
- When Nicki Minaj announced she will be retiring, my heart dropped.
- I still feel very insecure from being teased and bullied so much as a child.
- Sometimes I wish I had colored eyes instead of dark brown ones.
- I don’t understand how people enjoy eating tomatoes and bananas.
- Being interviewed and talking about myself makes me cringe. As much as people don’t see it, I am very shy.
- I’ve lived in California my entire life and I want to experience living somewhere else, but at the same time the thought of leaving everyone I love and everything I know makes me sick.
- It really annoys me when people call me “white washed” for listening to artists like Taylor Swift and Ed Sheeran.
- My favorite song out right now is “Don’t Care” by Ed Sheeran and Justin Beiber.
- I really wish I had rhythm and could dance.
- I’m really debating on if I want to be a pescatarian.
- I am really debating on if I want to stop drinking alcohol and live a healthier lifestyle.
- I don’t like how all these live action movies, reboots and remakes are coming out. As a creative, I think it’s lazy AF for creators to build off a concept that already exists.
- Vodka is the most disgusting kind of alcohol.
- I’d rather have an ice cold beer than a glass of wine.
- I hate how tired I look. I wish I could get rid of the bags and crow feet around my eyes.
- Every one of my scripts for Reckless Behavior The Series has been revised about six times.
- Being in the spotlight is uncomfortable for me. I would rather be behind the scenes.
- I have been wearing strictly Nicki Minaj perfumes for about 7 years.
- I am a sugar fiend and when I have a stressful day I binge eat candy and desserts.
- I think one of the worst things God created is black licorice.
- My little sister is named Ariel, because I was a Little Mermaid addict and recommended it to my parents at the age of 4.
- I never really do my research. Most things I’ve accomplished all came from “winging it”.
- I am terrified of death. Everyday I fear I am going to get into a car accident or someone is going to shoot me.
- I wish Girl Scout cookies were sold year round.
- They say you shouldn’t regret anything, but I fasho regret all the bum ass niggas I gave money too.
- I can’t wait to be a mom, but I’m TERRIFIED my child will die due to lack of me not knowing what I’m doing.
- I wish everyone realized how detrimental perms are.
- It makes me sad that I have no idea how to cook gumbo.
- Every time my mom presses me about her not having any grand babies yet it makes me feel like crap.
- I was scared to start QMC last year, because I didn’t know if people would support me.
- I am very out of shape and often out of breath.
- It annoys me that in three years I’ll be thirty and I don’t feel that I’ve accomplished as much as I should have.
- I go back and forth between going to grad school, because a part of me values education and a part of me feels that it is more about having connections.
- Star on FOX being cancelled really hit close to home and I hope that they bring it back.
- I really want a thirty inch weave. I see Nicki Minaj, Meg Thee Stallion and others and I think the long hair is so attractive.
- I think about getting a second job often, but I know that I don’t have the capacity to work two jobs and still do my creative projects.
- I miss the Hyphy Movement.
- I really feel the urge to start writing my first book, but I know I have to focus on one project at a time.
- I can’t go to the movies and not get popcorn with extra butter. It’s a MUST.
- I really hope I get to meet Gabrielle Union one day. I love her energy and I don’t think people give her the credit she deserves.
Whew, that was a long ass list, huh? LOL. Everyone PLEASE stay tuned for Realer Than Real and thank you for reading. Any of these confessions/ facts resonate with you? Make sure you leave a comment so we can discuss!
One thought on “These Are My Confessions…”
I’ve had conversations about returning to school for my Masters. But then, I remember the student loan debt I already have and realize the first degree was a waste of time.