- Born in Oakland
- 54 years old
- Mother came to the US from India and her father came from Jamaica.
- They met in grad school at Cal Berkeley
- Her parents divorced when she was 12 and she moved to Canada with her mom, graduated from high school in Quebec, and then enrolled in Howard University and pledged AKA.
- Law School at Hastings College of Law
- Deputy District Attorney of Alameda County:1990-1998
- District Attorney of San Francisco City and County: 2004-2011
- California Attorney General: 2011-2017
- US Senator: 2017-present
Supports Green New Deal.
Wants Teachers to be paid by the Federal Government ($13,000 raise for each teacher).
Open to the conversation on studying Reparations for ADOS.
If president, she will give Congress 100 days to pass gun control reform or she will herself through executive action.
Puts the fear of God in Republicans.
Is a black woman
while SF DA she opposed the legalization of marijuana in California.
Tried to stop a Transgender inmate from getting gender reassignment surgery.
Had her attorneys argue against the Supreme Court’s decision to release some of Cali’s non violent drug offenders because prisons would lose an important labor pool.
Walked back on her support for universal healthcare.
Voted 2/3 times to increase Trump’s military budget.
Decided to skip the AIPAC conference ( a pro) but then had AIPAC members come to her office and meet with her, she’s a strong supporter of US/Israel relations in it’s current state.
Top Industry Sponsors :
Lawyers/ Law Firms $2,812,953
Retired $ 1,473,356
UC schools $131,339
WarnerMedia group (CNN and them) $ 128,175